MumsRate Afternoon Tea in Milton Keynes
Our Facebook group is a hive of activity daily and one of the most popular questions is “can you recommend a venue for a great afternoon tea?”
So here are our Top 10 ideas (in no particular order)
1. Afternoon tea at Chicheley Hall in Buckinghamshire
There is something timeless about taking afternoon tea in the historic setting of Chicheley Hall. Begin with an impressive selection of teas or perhaps start with a glass of prosecco to accompany our sumptuous 3 tier afternoon teas. Sandwiches are fresh, served finger sized with a range of British classic fillings; scones are freshly baked and accompanied by jam and lashings of clotted cream finished with a selection of delicious cakes. More information @ www.chicheleymiltonkeynes.co.uk. Afternoon tea must be pre-booked.
2. The Woburn Coffee House is a beautiful licensed boutique eatery specialising in Afternoon Tea nestled in the heart of the historic village of Woburn, Bedfordshire. Karen and her team offer a warm and friendly welcome to one of Woburn’s favourite boutique coffee houses. Opened in the Summer of 2012, The Woburn Coffee House has fast become a favourite with locals and visitors to Woburn. It is a fantastic meeting place for friends and family to celebrate those special occasions. Its elegant decor and romantic ambiance make it an ideal place to treat that someone special too; but most of all, it is a place where you can indulge in the most sumptuous Traditional and Celebration Afternoon Teas.”Choose from a beautiful range of carefully selected Champagnes and Fine Wines to accompany your Traditional Afternoon Teas, Celebration Afternoon Teas and Celebration Gâteaux. The beautiful Orangery can be enjoyed throughout the year and in the summer months, you can indulge in a Jug of Pimms or a Prosecco cocktail in the beautifully landscaped walled garden.”
Open Weekends Only – By Reservation Only @ www.woburncoffeehouse.co.uk
3. The Coffee Boutique in Oxley Park. “A shabby chic coffee shop selling fresh homemade cupcakes, cakes, paninis, sandwiches, teacakes and more. Offering a great afternoon tea if you are looking for a smaller local venue with great service.” See: www.facebook.com/mkcoffeeshop Highly recommended for dairy free and gluten free options too.
4. Afternoon tea at The Woburn Hotel
“The English social custom of taking Afternoon Tea was popularised in the 1840s by Duchess Anna Maria, wife of the 7th Duke of Bedford, who entertained her friends at Woburn Abbey. The Duchess is credited with popularising the custom of afternoon tea in the court of Queen Victoria. The Duchess and her friends would have enjoyed afternoon tea in the comfortable surroundings of the Abbey. Delicate finger sandwiches are accompanied by homemade scones served with clotted cream and fresh fruit preserves, complemented by a selection of tempting cakes and pastries.”
Read more @ www.thewoburnhotel.co.uk
5. Frosts Garden Centre in Woburn Sands.
“Enjoy the British tradition of afternoon tea with our seasonal menu. Everything is home-made and waitress served to your table, set with ﬁne linen and elegant china. Served from 2.30pm. Pre-booking is essential as spaces are limited, full payment is required at the time of booking. We are able to cater for vegetarians, vegans and also offer a gluten free afternoon tea.”
We can cater for group bookings and private parties- for all group bookings please call 01908 583511 and speak to a member of our booking team. See https://frostsgroup.digitickets.co.uk
Frost’s Winter & Valentines Afternoon Tea 2020.
6. Teapots of Olney
“Come along and enjoy our Afternoon Tea – we’ve established a great reputation with excellent feedback. Enjoy a selection of finger sandwiches with home baked scones, cakes and biscuits. If you have any special dietary requirements it’s not a problem – we offer vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free Afternoon Teas. However, these need to be booked at least 24 hours in advance.”
See their Special Afternoon Tea page.
7. Truly Scrumptious Tea House
Truly Scrumptious tea room is a charming and unique family run establishment welcoming everyone for a delicious breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon tea. All food is homemade and sourced locally. www.facebook.com/trulyscrumptiousteahouse
8. Browns Milton Keynes
“Conveniently located on Midsummer Boulevard in the center of town, Browns Milton Keynes is just a short stroll from Centre MK with its multitude of retail outlets. Whether it’s a pre-shopping brunch, lazy lunch, afternoon tea or a la carte dinner, our menu delivers fresh and seasonal dishes to suit any occasion or party size, served in the comfort of our stylish yet cosy brasserie setting, complete with outdoor seating for those milder days. Our elegant yet comfortable bar offers an exceptional drinks range, including classic and contemporary cocktails, global wines, artisan spirits, and chilled beers, so take the weight off your feet and let our welcoming bar team do the rest.”
9. Dobbies Garden Centre
“Unwind in style and enjoy Afternoon Tea. It’s the perfect way to spend some quality time with friends or family over a tower of tempting savoury and sweet delicacies. Indulge in a bit of luxury in the shape of freshly baked scones with jam and clotted cream, savoury finger sandwiches, a selection of mouth-watering mini cakes and a cosy cuppa. Or why not try our chocolate afternoon tea, the ideal gift for any chocolate lover. See: www.dobbies.com If you’re Vegan, experience our delicious new Vegan Afternoon Tea.”
10. French Affaire
“Join us for a delightful afternoon tea with a French Affaire twist. Below is our afternoon tea menu, available through pre-booking with 48 hours notice only. Our afternoon tea is served on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, with sittings available from 2pm to 3:30pm.”
If you would like an afternoon tea that comes to you… We can highly recommend @ Afternoon Teas By Creme Brew Lait
“Yesterday, Julia did me an afternoon tea as part of my 60th celebrations with my children and grandchildren. The food was gorgeous, the table looked beautiful, but best of all Julia just took care of everything…”
Looking for a deal? Check out:
- Groupon is always worth checking out @ www.groupon.co.uk/browse/milton_keynes
- Wowcher @ https://www.wowcher.co.uk/deals/milton-keynes
- Red Letter Days @ www.redletterdays.co.uk/afternoon-tea